Local to Global Community and Service
As global citizens participating in an international education, our students will be challenged beyond the classroom to move into the community. When considering Community and Service projects the students will be reflecting on three questions:
- How do we live in relation to others?
- How can I contribute to the community?
- How can I help others?
Our goal is to encourage students to take an active role in the communities in which they live, thereby encouraging responsible citizenship.
Service Learning Requirement
- Students in Grade 6, 7, and 8 will be required to complete a minimum of 20 hours of service.
- Students will complete their hours each academic calendar year (September-August).
- Service hours will be divided between the French American community and outside of the school community.
- Service Learning is: A student identifying a community or individual project and participating with no monetary benefit.
- Service Learning is not: participating or leading an activity in which the student receives payment and/or in class school credit.