Lower School Athletics
In Middle School Athletics, which encompasses grades 5-8 at French American International School, organized team sports are part of the school-run curriculum and, as such, organized by the school. However, in the Lower School years, team-centric sports activities are run by parent volunteers and coordinated through all grades by the Lower School Parent Athletic Committee, a volunteer organization at French American International (lower) School. Our objectives are both to facilitate the formation and smooth running of independent, volunteer-run sports teams in city wide leagues, and to organize French American-centric sports events.
Throughout the Lower School, the typical school year will unfold into the following seasons:
- Soccer season for 5th grade boys playing on a French American Middle School Athletics team
- Soccer season #1 (Vikings Microsoccer for pk4-1st and Vikings for 2nd-5th, Vikings Upper House for 4th – 5th)
- Basketball season in the Winter (K-4th in either the Presidio YMCA or JCC leagues, 5th grade boys and girls through the French American Athletics)
- Soccer season for 5th grade girls playing on a French American Middle School Athletics team
- Futsal (SF Recreation and Park Jose Coronado League for K to 5th).
- Soccer season #2 in the Spring (Vikings Microsoccer for pk4-1st, SFPAL for 2nd-5th, Vikings Upper House for 4th – 5th);
- Basketball season for 5th grade girls playing on a French American Middle School Athletics team
- Baseball season in the Spring (SF Little League)