Don't Wish For It, Work For It
In keeping with the Mission of the School, the Jaguar Athletic experience is a journey which will be a source of growth, pride and enthusiasm for all members of our community. From the novice to the college-bound athlete, student-athletes have the opportunity to participate in competitive team and individual sports, developing healthy practices of mind, body and character for themselves, their teams and their school.
Jaguar Family Core Principles
Jaguar Family is a shared a sense of pride and enthusiasm.
Jaguar Integrity is intrinsically linked to the School Mission and expectations of the Athletic department, fostering sportsmanship above all.
Jaguar Achievement is demonstrated by a commitment to excellence that is characterized by dedication, hard work, passion, team play and fun.
Jaguar Wisdom regularly seeks growth — intellectual, physical, and emotional. Self-reflection is intentional and valued in the learning process.
Jaguar Fun is serious. It is love of the game and pride in representing something bigger than themselves.
At our school, athletics is serious and fun: skill, finesse, intelligence, strategy, passion and above all, heart. Our student-athletes play because they love the game, value their teammates, and take pride in representing something bigger than themselves.
Participation in interscholastic athletics is fully integrated into our educational philosophy and experience as part of the Mission of our School. Jaguar Athletics fosters a spirit of competition, commitment, accountability, improvement, leadership, mutual respect and true sportsmanship regardless of the result, while honoring cultural diversity and gender equity. Members of our Jaguar Family are active in our campus community and supportive of the Athletic Mission.
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is comprised of student-athletes representing each of the athletic teams. The SAAC’s roles are to: promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes, generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department, build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams, organize community service efforts, and promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
Specifically, SAAC was formed to:
- Strive to develop champions for life through leadership, school involvement, academic support, and community outreach;
- Establish and maintain open channels of communication with all student-athletes and administration in order to appropriately address any issues of concern relevant to student-athletes;
- Develop and promote an environment that is inclusive and respectful of diverse cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles;
- Organize community service and outreach projects and coordinate student-athlete involvement in those events; and
- Provide student-athletes the opportunity to contribute to the betterment of the School and the Jaguar community as a whole in the hope that they will use their athletic abilities to enhance the lives of others as well as themselves.
SAAC has two representatives from each of the 13 varsity teams. The Council meets the first and third Monday of each month, at noon, in the Performance Lab. At the meetings, representatives discuss matters affecting student-athlete life and welfare, learn more about NCS and Conference rules, and plan events. The Director of Athletics and Dean of Students serve as Advisor to the Council.
- 1st Monday: Student-Athletes & Athletic Department
- 3rd Monday: Student-Athlete Academic Advisor, Student-Athletes & Athletic Department
International High School is proud of the behavior and sportsmanship displayed by its players, coaches, and supporters. We value healthy rivalry, encourage spirited and fair play, and appreciate positive support offered by spectators. International players, coaches, and fans represent themselves, their teams, and their School with pride and poise. We treat visiting teams and officials as guests, extending to them every courtesy. We are modest in victory and gracious in defeat.