Founded in 1962, French American International School and International High School is a multicultural, multilingual PK-12 educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of San Francisco. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the school offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance. Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds, and together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident, and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, Curiosity.
Deliver counseling programs and services that promote the social and emotional well-being of students according to their developmental needs.
- Provide educational and preventive counseling services and programs for students in the areas of social and emotional (SEL) competency, including peaceful conflict resolution and bullying prevention
- Provide counseling services and screenings of students with particular needs with sound clinical judgment, including making appropriate community referrals for specialized support services and managing crises in accordance with State mandated child protection reporting laws.
- Provide parent and community education and discussion on parenting and child development
- Develop relevant new programs that address current needs and trends among students and families and teach classroom lessons as needed
- Ensure that interventions are documented and communicated to faculty and administration, as appropriate.
- Serve as a resource for parents, faculty and administration in addressing concerns pertaining to individuals or groups of students
- Maximize accessibility and outreach to students and parents through regular communication about ongoing programs/services/resources
- Establish collaborative working relationships with the school team, including students, parents, fellow counselors, school faculty and administration, and with external organizations.
- Keep current with research and trends
- Attend relevant school and community events
- Master’s Degree in Psychology/School Counseling
- Professional license in the State of California (or the equivalent)
- Elementary school counseling experience
- Bilingual in French (preferred, but not required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
French American International School and International High School is seeking positive, passionate, and knowledgeable coaches for the following positions:
- Middle School Basketball Coaches
- High School Women’s Varsity Basketball Assistant Coach
The International Athletic Department operates within the a K-12 independent school setting, working with over 600 students enrolled in grades 5-12. In keeping with the Mission of the School, the Jaguar Athletic experience is a journey, which will be a source of growth, pride and enthusiasm for all members of our community. From the novice to the college-bound athlete, student-athletes have the opportunity to participate in competitive team and individual sports, developing healthy practices of mind, body and character for themselves, their teams and their school.
The ideal candidates will have experience coaching at the high school, college, or club level and should have experience working, playing, or coaching in a value-based athletic program. Select candidates will go through an interview process and full background check.
All head coaches and assistant coaches report directly to the Athletic Director and have the primary responsibility for administering all levels of their sport. The successful candidate will be required to follow the procedures of the High School’s athletic program, as well as those of the International and California Interscholastic Federation.
Communication: Coaches will provide clear communication for student-athletes and families regarding expectations and philosophy.
Player Development: Coaches will assist in the total development of all student-athletes by using positive methods to create an ideal learning environment, therefore helping them through their life journey, not just their athletic journey. Coaches will create and implement a meaningful practice structure to enhance instruction, development, and effective use of time for all members of the team within the program.
Player Evaluation: Coaches will use a holistic approach when evaluating a student-athlete using qualities such as skill, character, integrity, leadership, coach ability, and a love for the sport.
Team Leadership: Coaches will foster an environment that will develop positive leadership qualities both on and off the field of play.
The positions will remain open until qualified candidates are hired.
The French American International School currently has multiple positions available within the After School Program for the 2018-2019 school year, starting August 15, 2018 through June 12, 2019. These positions include: lunch / nap / recess monitor, front door duty, and after school program monitors.
PAGE ST. CAMPUS POSITION - Early Childhood Education Center
Supervise and engage in activities with children ages 3 to 5 years.
- Prepare snacks
- Plan activities (sports, arts and crafts) with co-workers
- Active supervision of children (indoor and outdoor)
- Communicate with parents and staff
- Resolve any conflicts by implementing social-emotional learning practices
- Assist children with minor injuries
- Implement school policies and regulations
- Monitor lunch/nap/recess
- Enthusiastic, fast learner, pro-active
- Team-worker with strong communication skills
- Willing to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with children ages 3-6 years old preferred
- Must have early childhood education units or be willing to enroll
- Eligible to work in the US
- Monday-Thursday from 11:30am to 2pm and 3pm to 5:30pm: Fridays from 11:30am to 1:30pm and 2:15pm to 5:30pm
- Monday-Thursday from 3pm to 5:30pm and Fridays from 2:15pm to 5:30pm
- Additional hours available
The monitor will also be working full time during our week-long school breaks: October 8-12; February 18-22; April 5-12.
We offer $20/hr and a dynamic work environment. Possibilities of career advancement upon qualifications after 1 year. Background check is required including live scan and TB clearance.
Fluency in French a plus but not a requirement.
Please send resume to Yseult Carlucci at email@example.com.
International High school has an opening for a part-time Library Assistant
- Supervises the high school library Monday-Friday 1pm-6pm
- Maintains a library conducive to student-centered learning and a culture of inquiry
- Operates the information desk assisting students and faculty with all aspects of research and information literacy
- Supports the ordering, processing and cataloguing of materials for faculty and students
- Keeps the community informed about the the library and all library special events
- Assists librarian in researching and developing curriculum-related resources for students and faculty
- Minimum 2 year degree from accredited college
- Experience working in a library or enrolled in a graduate library program
- Passion for working with high school students
- Love of reading and books
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Sense of humor and welcoming demeanor
- Strong organizational and tech skills
- Bilingual English/French Preferred
Please send a resume and cover letter to Director of Academic Technology, Dina Ghobashy, firstname.lastname@example.org
L'Ecole primaire du Lycée International Franco-Américain de San Francisco recrute pour l'année scolaire 2017-2018 : Professeur(e)s remplaçant(e)s
Nécessité d'avoir en sa possession un permis de travail.
Le Lycée International Franco-Américain de San Francisco, établissement scolaire privé à but non lucratif, accueille des élèves de la maternelle à la terminale. Il offre un enseignement bilingue, conforme aux programmes de l'Education Nationale.
Les candidatures (lettre de motivation, CV complet) seront adressées par courriel à Frank Gendre, email@example.com.
Visa sponsorship not available for this position.
French American International School has openings for substitute teachers in grades 1-5.
Qualifications: Previous experience working with elementary aged children in a classroom setting (desired); interest in pursuing education goals (preferred); excellent English language skills; ability to understand French is a plus.
This is an hourly position and benefits are not included.
Send resume and CV to: ellenb@frenchamericansf.