International High School News
“What does it mean to be human?” asked International student Fatoumata ('19) on Monday at the SF Human Rights Commission’s celebration of 70 years of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. In addition to our school, participants also included students from Rooftop K8 School and Mission Dolores Academy. Humanitarian, journalist and Co-Founder of Clinic by the Bay, Janet Reily, moderated the event, with a keynote from jazz musician Paula West.
Per SF Human Rights Commissioner Karen Clopton’s request, the Human Rights Commission invited these students to read their essay at Monday’s event:
1. Fatoumata Ouedrago - "What does it mean to be human?"
2. Keemia Sarafpour - "Because you're a girl." (Article 23)
3. Chloe Davis - "Reflection on Article 26 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights"
4. Marie Girardin (presenting in French and English) - "Reflection on the 26th Article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights"
5. Veronica Kruschel - Article 19